happy new year?
















Ricky at the mean lake he showed us in the middle of suburban Mt Gravatt


Finally the pressure of exams has been released and although I finished my final one last friday, there's always that lingering feeling afterwards where you feel like you've got to study something. Nearly a week from then now, the usual 'holiday' routine has come back to play, much consisting of making up endless to do lists, cleaning and promising myself that I'll make the most out of these holidays by working as much as I can to do as much as I can...

Although this year seemed quite uneventful, much like that duration between Christmas ending and starting the new uni year, I don't think I've ever had a more eventful one. Come to think of it, I probably went to court more than anyone will in their entire life; three was the count I think. My new/used car gave me grief all year and still does but I guess you get what you pay for. Workwise, as usual, security has a way of being very entertaining however work at the sixer seems to be gaining infamous status with the recent politics that's been brought in.

My uncle from Vietnam came over to visit and despite his evident alcoholism (characterised by his child in a candy store like personality when I took him around Dan murphys), his tolerance and keen to help out nature has definitely made our family function more like a family than ever (if you have ever lived with my mum you'll understand).

We've done alot of fishing and by alot I mean "so much that I've lost count". Fishing has become very much a part of my life as much as going to work and attending uni (not so much the uni part though). It definitely has been a year full of learning now that I've progressed to using hard bodies and starting up a collection of my own (something I shouldn't be spending money on) and
have been a regular reader on Brisbane Fishing Online and Coast watch. (there are permanent links to the forum and tide times on my browser)

Being born in 1988, coincidentally most of the people I know turn 21 this year, and a year full of 21st birthday parties definitely isn't going to be a quite one. But to kind of think about it, it hasn't been all that, well, massive, well in a sense of getting smashed blind at everyone of them (definitely a good thing). You'ld be pretty surprised how large a proportion of your money goes into sponsoring pressies and parties every year ay. A few of us had a good one at Ross' this year and it was one I reckon we all deserved to finish the year off, well, 10 months of it anyways. Maybe the party just hasn't started; there are still, 5? 6?, I'm not even sure now but Christmas looks like it's going to be an insane one! Blooooooody stupid people who are born around the time of limited monies, increased work hours and decreased energy levels.

So now its sort of holidays, (work is still there now), and through the nearly 2 or so weeks it's been, my holidays 2009 list has pretty much been finished (half way through), I'll probably keep at it for another week or so and then completely forget about it until the week before uni starts. It always happens, but I guess without a list I feel sort of, lost? So much for winging it and taking it as it comes ay. I'll let you know how it goes.















my new shimano stradic which mildly curbed my fishing addiction during exams,,,
















cola in the back paddock















deep fried prawn burger with tartare sauce and pineapple bits















what we do at work when it's not busy.

0 comments:


''one who has no dreams has nothing''

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2008 | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger by Blogcrowds.

Distributed by Blogger Templates