My +1 day

It feels like just yesterday that I was 23, well actually, it was 5 days ago but still, it's gone by quick. Already it's nearly May and Christmas is like, just around the corner. I organized a little bbq with the missus for a few of the guys and girls who were around and it was good to finally relax and not have to be anywhere.

We spent the day down at Burleigh heads eating snags, beef rissoles, catching little crustaceans and becoming bait for more than a few sand-flies. The Missus and Bondy got a few good shots of DaSoom who was their practice model for the day. I guess the entire trip wasn't as unproductive as it sounded. When the night was still young, we decided to call it before the mosquitoes became larger, and headed back home to share some stories at Korean bbq, washed down with some taro milk tea.

The missus took Tien, Cassie and myself out for a feed at Sofitel during the week which was a good change of pace. Brisbane city I have to admit, is actually pretty beautiful. The architecture of the old buildings which tower us on the way to central station tells such an exciting story. It's hard to believe how the road would of been before the neatly arranged pavements under our toes. It reminded me of walking the streets in Melbourne, but hot, it was hot for an Autumn Brisbane morning, actually, Brisbane's pretty hot regardless.

The following week was filled with eating. I felt spoiled as when Christine took me out for some steak. The guys all contemplated on the 1kg rump but as always, Ross pulled out and Bondy was scared of the calories. Not really, I just bitched out, eating 1kg of rump is terrible! Dinner was followed by 3 bowls of soy custard and a little catch up with Martin and Linnie whom we bumped into at the cafe.

For that week up to my birthday, we ate pretty much Brisbane. Hit up Bentos at Sunny Breeze twice (compliments to Ricky), Sakura out in Westend (terrible), Funny Funny, Bazaar at Q1 and Little Taipei for a buy 5 get one free meal (which was shared by myself, Ross and Ricky). We've hit up pies and sausage rolls the size of coke bottles, pan fried dumplings, and coffee, so much coffee I think I've become addicted. Again.

So much for a freaking diet. Thank you all for the love, if only every year were like this!

P.S. Please help me eat this pizza sized biscuit/ cake, compliments of Molomolomolo.


0 comments:


''one who has no dreams has nothing''

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2008 | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger by Blogcrowds.

Distributed by Blogger Templates