day 4

so day 4 has come, in about 9 hours i'll have an exam that i'm gonna probably fail if i don't start cramming as hard as i can for the last few lectures. i reckon i just got the equivalent of about an hours sleep just then. i felt that i needed to have an hours rest so i decided to use it for sleep. my alarm was set for 12:30 and after tossing and turning in the lounge room i found myself relocated to the middle room of the house, our little study room we made. a 20 flew by and i was still unable to find any speck of sleep so i decided to do what i always do in times of sleep searching...turning to an attempt at meditation; people do say that meditation is high up there for methods of relaxation and you only need a few minutes of it as well.

hands flat facing down beside me, i lied on my back and closed my eyes. i concentrated on my toes first and tensed them as hard as i could and relaxed. i moved up until my eyebrows were the only thing left to be tensed and i did it all over again. a sense of total physical calmness was felt to prepare for the unwinding of the mind. i thought of all i could that was bothering me and assessed each situation and in my mind physically set it aside acknowledging that this is a problem in my life though i will deal with it later. after the last problem was acknowledged, i gathered (in my mind it seemed like each problem was represented by a piece of paper) and put them all into a glass vase enclosed by a large cork stopper. i thought of a place i could store the vase, somewhere i would never remember unless i started looking (i guess symbolizing once you prioritize problems, you only find them when you need to deal with them). i felt completely control yet out of control in a rather unconscious state of well being.

it proved good use, i'm back to cramming my lecture on NSAIDS, Antihistamines and Drug Metabolism...wish me luck!

0 comments:


''one who has no dreams has nothing''

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Copyright 2008 | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger by Blogcrowds.

Distributed by Blogger Templates